This would a be a perfect update for halloween,but it’s a week or so too early!

I finished what I’m now calling the “franken-Journal style” (Thanks Bart!) journal.

It’s big, 8×10 inches, 200 pages of 90lb drawing paper and a unique sewing that is based on how the patches that were randomly sewn across the hide went across the spine. The pictures don’t do this oil tanned leather justice. Its a chocolatly brown with darker deeply textured patches and great patterning across the whole thing. The black patches were first glued down and then sewn through the cover. It’s all sewn with blacklinen thread. i used as accent some red cotton stitches but I”m not sure how I like them. They are nice enough but I’m not in love with them.

Some FrankenJournal love: